Sunday, January 27, 2013

Training



So the first part of this week was really nice and relaxing.  Monday I had a training meeting, I finally met  someone from Utah.  At first I was thinking I was the only one from Utah!  That night me and my roommate, Jessi went to Hollywood studios to ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster!! Such a fun ride! We also went on Tower of Terror and Star Tours while we were there!  Then on Tuesday I had a second training meeting, but got lost and missed the class, so free day!  It actually worked out perfect because I had some relatives that where going to be at the parks that day.  So I meet up with Michelle and her family and her husband’s family and spent the day with them.  It was really fun!  I met up with them at Animal Kingdom and we did a few rides (Expedition Everest and The Safari) and then we headed to Magic Kingdom and ended at Epcot!  It made for a long day, but I really enjoyed hanging out with them.  It had been way too long since I last seen them, couldn’t believe how much her kids have grown!! 

Jessi and I about to ride Tower of Terror




So the past couple of days I have been training in my new role as a Quick-Service Food and Beverage cast member on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood Studios!! My area of the park portrays the 1940's in Hollywood with a Farmers Market.  Here is where all of the quick service food court is located, which is right next to the Tower of Terror and the entrance of Fantasmic, so we get a lot of foot traffic and we are the ones that stays open the latest…yeah me!!  Some of the food I deal with are produce stand where there is actual fruits and vegs to buy along with frozen lemonade and a soft pretzel.  At Fairfax Fare you may indulge in a BBQ pork sandwich or ribs with a side of baked beans and coleslaw.  Here is where I was taught how to pour my first beer, apparently there is an art to it so you don’t get all the foam at the top, who knew!  

Here is one of the places I work!

Here you may also buy the notorious Turkey Leg that is if the Turkey Shack isn’t open.  I haven’t had on yet but it is on my Disney World bucket list!!  Then the other area I have been trained in is Scoops Ice Cream!  That place has been my favorite thus far.  I got to scoop ice cream and it was really fun, going to be looking like Popeye before this program is over.  While closing scoop aka cleaning I had a casualty….

   
Workman's Comp

I don’t know what happened I was just wiping down the cooler and the edge cut the tip of my finger.  No stitches were needed or real Workman’s Comp, not all of us can slice our finger at work and receive disability! ;)

I still need to train at the bakery and the boat and I am real excited to start!  

Stay tuned to see my wonderful costume!!

Have a Magical Day!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha..... I can't wait to see your costume! I am still jealous of you, looks like so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete