Sunday, February 10, 2013

Two monkeys and a Bear



This week was another exciting week in lovely Disney World!  Monday I worked at Sunset (like always) I poured some beers, picked up trash, and close produce.  Closing is a dreaded task in Quick Service-Food and Beverage, it means you are leaving later then you planned!  I really wouldn’t mind closing if I actually knew what I was doing, which will only come with time.

I work here!
 On Tuesday it was my day off which means…going to the parks!  Cydney and I started our day off at Animal Kingdom.  It was so much fun! I really like this park especially Asia!! We rode Dinosaur which is comparable to Indiana Jones in Disneyland (I personally like Indiana Jones better) after that we hit up Expedition Everest (favorite ride, next to rock n roller coster).  We went to the Lion King show and met King Louie and Baloo afterwards (Cydney has them on her camera so when I get them I will post them).  After that we went and took a train to meet Rafiki!!



After we were done at Animal Kingdom we were craving food from Epcot!  We enjoyed over priced tacos, which were delicious by the way, at Mexico!  After that we went to the Land!  I love that building.  I felt all fresh and healthy just being in the building! We took a boat ride to see a garden, we got some more intake of Lion King where we watch a video about keeping the world clean and that we can start within our own backyards!  After that we wanted to ride Soarin but the line was really long and we were meeting up with Sarah a little later so we decided to wait and ride that with her.  As we were walking around, the smell of ice cream stopped us in our tracks, so of course we figured “oh Sarah won’t want a treat” so we treated ourselves to an ice cream sandwich which included cookie dough ice cream smashed between to fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!! YUM!! After that we meet up with Sarah and waited for over two hours to ride Soarin (the wait time was so wrong, it only said an hour), kind of worth it though!! I love that ride!! That ride is also in the Land building!!

Wednesday I hit up Downtown Disney for shopping!! I need to take full advantage of my “holiday” discount while I still can.  After that, Jessi and I went to Grocery Bingo!! I love bingo; it could be because I grew up playing bingo on the 4th of July every year!!  All those dedicated years at Henefer's 4th of July celebration paid off because I am pretty much pro and walked away as a winner!!!! 


My winnings!!
 After all of the fun there comes a time where I must work…sad!  I worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!  Couldn’t tell you where I worked Thursday and Friday, but do I have a story about work on Saturday! Ok so to set the mood I was scheduled to work 11:15-22:00 (yes everything is in military time, I struggle with this) not looking forward such a long shift, I get there and I am put on trash, not to bad but once three hours into it I was done! It was hot and just wasn’t happy. Finally got a break at 3!! After that I was put in FairFax Kitchen, which I enjoy because it is actually really fun making food and you don’t have to make small talk with guests, but I was put back with one girl who is awesome and work but this other kid wasn’t really any help all, he was more in the way then anything!  Well after that I was told I would be closing.....wait what! I leave at 10 the park closes at 10, that means everything closes at 10 and those cast members that are scheduled until 10:30 or 11 are the ones that closes, not me who leaves at 10! Ok I was a little upset, but I figured I have no plans or anyone to see tonight it will be ok and it was the front of Hollywood Scoops, not hard at all.  So they stick me on register at Hollywood Scoops.


As I get there my ear starts hurting extremely, oh great now I have an ear ache or infection.  The pain just get worse through the night I can’t hear out of that ear and the pain is making its way to the whole side of my head, but I keep a happy face for the guests!  Also on top of this ear ache, I have this random dry cough that decided to hit when I was face to face with guests so I am trying to hold back my cough while I tell them to pick their ice cream up at “the window to your left”! So my night wasn’t going so hot, then it’s like 2 seconds to closing and the whole varsity cheer squad gets off Tower of Terror and decides they need ice cream at 10 o clock at night!  So we didn’t get done taking and making orders until 10:30!!  I am pretty sure we set a record that night in the amount of ice cream that was scooped in that short amount of time.  Also we broke a record of closing Scoops because I was at the bus stop at 11 to catch the bus at 11:13, which by the way the CP transportation is ridiculous!! It takes you like an hour to get to work, which you probably where waiting for over a a half hour to even get on the bus, and then you have to wait for your shift to start...aaww! That is a whole other story within its self for another time!  

Sunday!! (today) oh how I love Sundays!  I actually got to go to the full three blocks of church!  So my roommates friend that she knows from her school in Idaho, I found out is also LDS so me and him got a ride randomly from our apartment complex (which normally you go to Westclock and then get car pooled to church) we met outside of Patterson with this kid Daniel who uses a wheel chair…yea how many Mormons does it take to break down a wheel chair to put it in the car??? More then four!! Ha ha that was very entertaining trying to collapse and set up his wheel chair and it also makes it so much funnier with Brady (roommates friend).  If you would like details of this story just ask me or you probably had to be there…ha ha!  Church was awesome!  I just love church it just makes me so happy to go and feel the spirit so strong!! I do have to work late tonight 17:45-1:30, which means it’s an event, which also means it will be slow and I believe it will be all the cheerleaders!  Yes I was a cheerleader so maybe that is why I can kind of tolerate them, but I have some co workers that can't should make an entertaining night!!!

Extra Extra

Friday night after work Kayla, Jessi, two guys (Chris and Ian), and I tried to go bowling but that didn’t happen so we rode in a hot air balloon instead!!






 

Oh this made me happy… I booked my families stay at the All Star Music Resort when they come see me in March, eek can’t wait!!

Have a magical day!! 

Pictures with two monkeys and a bear will be coming shortly as soon as I get them from Cyd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment